Thursday, September 11, 2008

John McCain, Republican National Convention address

Full remarks from CBS News. Autosummarized to 10%.


No country ever had a greater cause than that. I'm very proud to have introduced
our next Vice President to the country. I don't work for a party. I don't work
for a special interest. I don't work for myself. I work for you.

I've
fought corruption, and it didn't matter if the culprits were Democrats or
Republicans. I've fought to get million dollar checks out of our elections. I've
fought lobbyists who stole from Indian tribes. I fought crooked deals in the
Pentagon. I fought tobacco companies and trial lawyers, drug companies and union
bosses.

I don't mind a good fight.

I fight for Americans. I
fight for you. Sue works three jobs to help pay the bills. Toni is a
schoolteacher, working toward her Master's Degree.

I fight for the
family of Matthew Stanley of Wolfboro, New Hampshire, who died serving our
country in Iraq.

I fight to restore the pride and principles of our
party. We were elected to change Washington, and we let Washington change us. We
lost their trust when rather than reform government, both parties made it
bigger. We're all God's children and we're all Americans. I will cut government
spending.

My tax cuts will create jobs.

Keeping taxes low helps
small businesses grow and create new jobs. Cutting the second highest business
tax rate in the world will help American companies compete and keep jobs from
moving overseas. Doubling the child tax exemption from $3500 to $7000 will
improve the lives of millions of American families. I know how the world works.

I'm running for President to keep the country I love safe, and prevent
other families from risking their loved ones in war as my family has. Senator
Obama does not.

I've been an imperfect servant of my country for many
years. Those men saved my life. I was my country's. My country saved me. My
country saved me, and I cannot forget it. Run for public office. Feed a hungry
child.

I'm going to fight for my cause every day as your President.
Fight with me. Fight with me.

Fight for what's right for our country.

Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for
our children's future.

Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies. We're Americans, and we
never give up.

Thank you, and God Bless you.

No comments: